父母 & 家庭
父母 & 家庭
Charter schools are public schools that allow families to choose an educational option 这最符合他们孩子的需要. 参加这些活动不需要任何费用，而且对所有人开放. These unique public schools are guided by leaders who have the flexibility to try 新想法 and create a school culture that mirrors and supports the surrounding community. 以学生为中心 in 他们自己的学习和父母陪伴着他们的每一步.
“I found public charter schools because I have an autistic son that required a different type of learning. 我非常, 非常, 非常 grateful to find Roots and Wings Charter School and he just thrived and learned and blossomed so wonderfully.”
“我要在谈判桌上占有一席之地, 我的座位在包租桌旁, 我的孩子不是一个数字吗, 而是一个在教育和社会上受到重视的人. 我孩子的学校很关心，他们为我们所有的家庭付出了额外的努力.”
“有各种, 有选项, knowing that there’s a school system that meets a kid where they are is so compelling.”
第一所公立十博吧官网于1992年开办, only one year after the enactment of the 1991 Omnibus K-12 Education Finance Bill.
Charter schools are public schools that allow families to choose an educational option 这最符合他们孩子的需要. Never a cost to attend, they are open to all students regardless of their school zoning. 以学生为中心 in 他们自己的学习和父母陪伴着他们的每一步.
一种方式不适合所有人. 十博吧官网创造独特, challenging learning environments and must meet high standards in order to continue serving students. 74% of parents would consider sending their child to a public charter school if one were available in their area.
公立十博吧官网目前招收3名学生.大约7800所学校和校园的700万学生. 在2020-21学年，十博吧官网招收了7名学生.占美国公立学校学生总数的5%. 自2005-06学年起, 十博吧官网和校园的数量增加了一倍多, 而十博吧官网的入学人数增加了两倍多. 了解更多关于十博吧官网的信息 状态 here.
根据最新数据(2020-21学年), 近70%的十博吧官网学生是有色人种, 相比之下，53%的地区学校学生. Black and Hispanic students made up 60% of the charter school population during the 2019-20 school year.
Charter schools consistently served a higher proportion of students who receive free and reduced-price lunch from 2005 to 2021.
For 状态-by-状态 breakdowns of district and charter school demographics in the most recent available school year, 请参阅 全国联盟的数据仪表板.
十博吧官网是由公共资金资助的, the same as any other public school; 然而, 他们从每个学生身上得到的钱通常比地区学校少. 尽管每年都有波动, the average charter school receives 80 cents for e非常 dollar the average district school receives.
可获得数据的最近一年(2018-19学年), 十博吧官网的平均收入约为3美元,每名学生的平均花费比地区学校少64美元. Per-pupil funding in charter schools is less than per-pupil funding in 25 of the 27 States for which we have data. 欲知详情，请浏览 data.877279.com.
Most charter schools (65%) are freestanding, meaning the school is self- managed. The remaining 35% of charter schools contract with external organizations for management-related services such as staffing, 课程, 残疾学生服务, 设施, 以及后台支持. Management structures and the relationships these external partners have with their schools vary considerably. 在某些情况下, the management organizations provide limited services; in other cases, they may provide nearly all management-related services and directly hire educational staff.
The two types of management organizations are nonprofit charter management organizations (CMOs) and education management organizations (EMOs). CMOs account for 26% of charter schools nationwide, while EMOs manage 9% of charter schools. 欲知详情，请浏览 data.877279.com.
十博吧官网由“授权人”允许运营.” Approximately 48% of charter schools are authorized by school districts (local educational agencies or LEAs). Lawmakers give authorizers the authority to approve, oversee, and renew charter schools. 授权机构通常是公共机构, 比如当地学区和州教育部门. 在一些州, 然而, other governmental agencies (like a city or mayor’s office) might fulfill this role. 大专院校, 独立租船委员会, and/or non-profit organizations might be given authorizing ability as well.
授权人决定学校是否可以开放, 它必须达到什么样的标准才能保持开放, 并有权决定学校是否必须关闭. Charter schools must demonstrate success in order to retain and renew their charter, and authorizers hold these schools to the same (or often higher) accountability standards as their district-run peers. 全国联盟的 模型法 recommends multiple authorizers in e非常 状态; 然而, 到目前为止, 14个州只提供一种授权选择, 8个州只允许LEAs授权十博吧官网. The 全国十博吧官网授权人协会 defines which types of authorizers are allowed and operating in each 状态 in their helpful resource 全国各地的授权类型.
任何有兴趣的团体都可以开办十博吧官网, 包括父母, 社区成员, 和老师. It is common to see charter schools led by former teachers who wanted to take the lessons they learned in the classroom and scale them to an entire school community. It is helpful to first identify a unique need in the community that the charter school would serve and connect with a local charter school authorizer. 您可以在以下网站了解更多有关您所在州十博吧官网授权机构的信息 the 全国十博吧官网授权人协会 网站.
如果你或你的配偶在提供配对礼物的公司工作, 你可以产生更大的影响! To have your gift matched, you must submit your company’s completed matching gift form.
康涅狄格大街800号. N.W. 300套房
If this donation will be potentially matched, please provide the company name.